Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Look what I was up to yesterday! Mermaids....

I was in hiding mode all day yesterday. I really was having a great time creating this card. Anyway, it began yesterday morning when I found this image. I thought it was so beautiful. My imagination just started flowing. So, I went with it. And this is how it ended up. I really love how it looks. I used my stamps to make the background paper. Then stamped more images in gold on the background. I then made the strip embellishment by stamping and embossing it. Then for the mermaid image, I downloaded it, embossed it with kaleidoscope embossing powder. (which is why it is glittery) Then, I put liquid embossing enamel on the whole image. Also distressed everything that didn't move. I used my distressed ink, cats eyes chalk and some ink that I put in a small spray bottle. The flowers are prima flowers, I love them! If you have any questions just let me know. I would love to help.

I stamped the inside with the same images, for a coordinating theme!
So what do you think of this siren of the sea?

3 comments:

  1. Click on the picture, check out the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that it an image-it looks so 'antiquee". Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, this card was so much fun. I love antique style cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!!I appreciate you taking the time to share what you think. Please come back soon
~ Tacey